Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Lack of Contentment

I don't want to be where I am. That's not even a figure of speech, there are so many places that I'd rather be. First, Spokane, or BC, even Manitoba, or anywhere. I don't feel like I belong here. I want to be with my friends, with the people who love me and accept me and need me.

I don't even want to be here emotionally. I want to jump ahead to healthy, skip the healing and go straight to the end.

I know it doesn't work that way. just as much as I know that I live here, I live in this place and it's home for now. In so many ways I am where I am and there will be no where else until I decide to move on. Some things may be out of my control, dependent on other people's choices and actions but most of the time where I am is up to me. When we're talking emotions, it's just a path we have to take.

It isn't all bad either. Some days I'm so happy with my life and with where and who I am that it's a touch scary! There's a conundrum for you!

There is light at the end of the tunnel. Even if I trip over myself ... or someone else, God is leading this dance and He'll always pick  me up so we can keep dancing. The other good news is that sometimes, when I fall, it hurts so much I don't want to move for a few minutes. He'll sit down with me and wait til I'm ready to dance again... and then He'll carry the weight to keep me from reinjury and excess pain.

Gotta love a God like that! I do. I hope you join me on the journey with Him.... He never lets us down or leaves us alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment