Sunday, November 25, 2012

Soul-fighting

There was a picture post on Facebook today that struck me as how I'm feeling in this moment. I'm fighting for my soul.

I strongly believe that in life, behind every activity, struggle, challenge, joy, blessing.. behind everything we do and that happens to us, is a spiritual battle being waged. God and Satan battling for our souls. When I look at life from that perspective, it changes how I see other people, how I view their actions. It makes it easier to forgive.

However, I sometimes forget in my dark moments that it is Satan battling for my soul. You see, I also strongly believe that he has lost the war - lost it, in fact, when Christ died on the cross - but he has not given up, so he fights these skirmishes to take as many people down with him as he can. Christ assures us in John 16:33:
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world."
I have chosen to follow Christ, I have chosen to be His. Now, I am fighting for my soul against the darkness, against the fear, against the lies that I am without value. Those are Satan's tools of warfare and it feels like he has unleashed them against me in full fury lately. I cannot fight him in my own strength. I need Christ to fight this battle because He has already defeated Satan and all his weapons of warfare. Christ gives me peace during the battle, during the attack so I can rest knowing He has already won. I claim Christ`s power, Christ`s victory in my life.

I vow to remember this is not about me, this is about the spiritual battle raging where I cannot see it. When I watch battle scenes, when I see people fighting, I realize that it is a dance. Remove the weapons and the violence and it can be a beautiful dance. Today, my dance is one of defense, of self-protection. That`s okay. During battles there is always time for dances of victory and joy as well. I will do both and trust God to give me the energy to keep facing whatever comes my way

No comments:

Post a Comment